- 100g soft raisins
- 250g Durrow Mills Sprouted Flour
- Pinch of salt, 1 level tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g butter softened
- 50g walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 bananas
- 2lb loaf tin (5”x9”)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Lightly grease and line the loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, butter and chopped nuts and, using your fingertips, rub it in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Whisk the eggs, vanilla essence in another bowl.
- Add the bananas and mash very well with a potato masher.
- Mix in the raisins.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
- Gently mix together all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, then pour into the loaf tin.
- Smooth the top and bake in the oven for 1- 11/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and serve with butter.
- You can also substitute the raisins for chocolate chips!