- 400g Durrow Mills Coarse Milled Whole Wheat Flour
- 80g plain white flour or fine milled sprouted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bread soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 430ml buttermilk
- 2 large tblsp of seed mix (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Get two bowls and mix the dry ingredients in one and the wet ingredients in the other. Making a well in the dry ingredients, gradually add the wet mixture a third at a time and mixing in gently with a spoon or your hand. Once mixed the dough should be wet and sticky.
- Using a 2lb loaf tin, line it with greaseproof paper and grease also with oil. You can choose to just grease with oil only but it can be a little trickier to remove once baked.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and sprinkle the top with seeds if using. Pop into the oven for approximately an hour.
- Once the bread is nice and brown, and sounds hollow when tapped, leave to cool on a wire rack.