- 15g fresh yeast,
- 1 tblsp honey,
- 8-12 fl oz warm water,
- 450g Durrow Mills Sprouted Flour,
- Pinch salt,
- 2 tblsp olive oil.
- Stir the yeast and the honey into the warm water and leave until it starts to bubble.
- When ready mix the flour and salt together in a bowl, make a well in the flour and pour in the olive oil. Add the yeast and water gradually as you may not need the full 12 fl ozs.
- Once the dough is smooth knead until the dough bounces back when prodded with a finger. Coat the dough with olive oil and return to the bowl, cover and leave in a warm place to rise for an hour or two.
- Once risen knead the dough again and divide it into two. Roll it out thinly and place on greased pizza pan.
- Optional Tip: Before adding toppings to pizza cook for 5 mins in a hot oven to crisp the base. Add pasata and toppings and return to oven!
- Cover base with pasata (tomato sauce) and put preferred toppings on the pizza, such as pepperoni, onion, ham and pineapple to name a few!
- Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and cheddar and bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 20 mins or until pizza is hot, golden and bubbling. Enjoy!