1. Peel, deseed and chop your pumpkin or squash into cubes
2. Boil until tender
3. While the pumpkin boils, roll out your chilled shortcrust pastry on a floured surface to approx 1/2cm.
4. Gently line your pie tin pushing into the crevices.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
6. Set your cooked pumpkin aside to cool and preheat your over to 180c / 160c fan / gas mark 4.
7. To avoid a soggy bottom, blind bake your pie crust by lining with tin foil or baking parchment and a layer of baking beads, dried rice or beans.
8. Bake for 15mins or until a pale golden colour.
9 .Puree the cooled pumpkin. If you don’t have a blender or food processor, push through a sieve.
10. In a separate bowl, mix sugar, half the cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and mix together.
11. Add egg and whisk together.
12. Mix in melted butter.
13. Stir in the double cream.
14. Finally, mix in the pumpkin puree.
15. Remove pie crust from the oven and set aside to cool.
16. Once slightly cooled, pour in your pumpkin mix to the top of your pie crust.
17. Bake at 180c / 160c fan / gas 4 for 35 -45 mins or until the filling is just set.
18. Remove from the over and allow to cool completely.
19. Mix the rest of your cinnamon with icing sugar and dust across the top. Add some cream and enjoy!!