I mean, have you really quarantined if you haven’t made banana bread yet!? Add a sparkle of nutritional goodness in there with our sprouted flours to super charge your home bakes.
Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Snacks
250g Durrow Mills Organic Bakers Mix Flour
Pinch of salt, 1 level tsp baking powder
150g caster sugar
100g butter softened
1 tsp vanilla essence
2lb loaf tin (5”x9”)
2. Lightly grease and line the loaf tin with parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl.
4. Add the sugar, butter and chopped nuts and, using your fingertips, rub it in until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
5. Whisk the eggs, vanilla essence in another bowl.
6. Add the bananas and mash very well with a potato masher.
7. Mix in the raisins.
8. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture.
9. Gently mix together all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, then pour into the loaf tin.
10. Smooth the top and bake in the oven for 60-80mins or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
11. Allow the bread to cool and serve with butter.
12. You can also substitute the raisins for chocolate chips!
Share this Recipe:
Join the Sprout Squad
Sign up to our newsletter to get goodies a like tasty recipes, special Sprout Squad discounts and lots more.