No matter what season, this shortcrust pastry recipe is a real winner. Top with autumn apples or pumpkin filling, tart and tangy lemon curd, or a sweet jam preserve.
Sweet Shortcrust Pastry
Zest of One Lemon
Splash of Milk
50g Icing Sugar
125g Cold Butter in Cubes
2. Sieve the icing sugar right on top
3. Little by little, crumble in the cold cubed butter with cold hands. If your hands get too warm, run them under cold water or use a utensil like a spoon. We’re trying not to over work the shortcrust dough and keep it crumbly so work quick and confidently.
4. Add in the eggs one by one and roughly work into the dough.
5. It should start to combine together at this point, but if you need to add a splash of milk. If your dough is too slick, add some more flour.
6. Refrigerate for at least 15 mins before using.
Share this Recipe:
Join the Sprout Squad
Sign up to our newsletter to get goodies a like tasty recipes, special Sprout Squad discounts and lots more.