- 300g Durrow Mills Sprouted Wholewheat Flour
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g butter
- 2 tblsp caster sugar
- 300ml buttermilk
- 1 tblsp rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Place flours, salt and bicarbonate in a bowl, stirring to combine.
- Using your fingertips, rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, and stir to combine.
- Gradually stir in the buttermilk until you get a soft, but not sticky, dough. You may not need to use all of it. Don’t worry too much if it is sticky though. Just dust with some extra flour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, and briefly knead the dough with your knuckles.
- Pop the dough into a lightly floured 20cm cake tin, and shape into a round.
- Using a sharp knife score a cross in the top of the dough.
- Brush with a little extra buttermilk and sprinkle over some oats or extra flour.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!